Types of Massage Therapy I Offer:
- Clinical MassageTherapy: The focus of this type of massage is treating area(s) of the body that are under stress whether due to an injury or other dysfunction (postural or structural). There is often joint and/or muscle pain, limited range of motion and an inability to complete activities of daily living without pain or discomfort. Examples of such dysfunctions are chronic headache, tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, sprains and strains.
- Restorative Massage Therapy: With restorative massage the goal is to calm the central nervous system, facilitating a sense of relaxation and well-being. Restorative massage can incorporate the whole body or focus on a specific area of tension and stress.
- Combo Clinical & Restorative Massage Therapy: Many clients choose to combine therapeutic massage with relaxation in order to treat areas of concern while still receiving the nurturing and calming effects of that you get with relaxation massage.
- Pregnancy Massage Therapy: Helps maintain muscle and joint health and decreases discomfort that can arise due to the physical, hormonal, and emotional changes that occur during pregnancy. Pregnancy massage is often a combination of therapeutic and relaxation massage, depending on the client's needs.
- Hot Stone Massage Therapy: Use of traditional massage techniques incorporating the healing benefits of hot stones. The stone's heat allows the muscles to relax more quickly and deeply and has a calming affect on the central nervous system. While the overall effects of hot stone massage are deeply relaxing there is also a therapeutic element as the heat of the stones combined with massage can help with chronically tight muscles.
- Hands/Head and Feet: This is great for those who have never tried massage and are feeling unsure. Try a 30 minute treatment on your hands, feet and head. A wonderful and relaxing treatment with herbal foot lotion and a peppermint (optional) scalp massage. You will be amazed at how much tension can be released and you don't have to take anything off but your socks!
- For all types of massage you have the option of ending the treatment with a head massage with or without peppermint oil